Sec. 11. AUDIT OF FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS.
- In General.--
- Audit.--The Comptroller General of the United States shall audit on
an annual basis the financial transactions of the Commission, including
financial transactions involving donated funds, in accordance with
generally accepted auditing standards.
- Access.--In conducting an audit under this section, the Comptroller General--
- shall have access to all books, accounts, financial records, reports,
files, and other papers, items, or property in use by the Commission, as
necessary to facilitate the audit; and
- shall be afforded full facilities for verifying the financial
transactions of the Commission, including access to any financial
records or securities held for the Commission by depositories, fiscal
agents, or custodians.
- Final Report.--Not later than September 30, 2004, the Comptroller
General of the United States shall submit tot he President and to
Congress a report detailing the results of any audit of the financial
transactions of the Commission conducted by the Comptroller General.